posted at 17:50
Author Name:
New setback for Cosby as Vegas show cancelled
The actor, known for playing a doting father on the popular "Cosby Show" in the 1980s and 1990s, has come under fire in recent weeks over allegations of rape and sexual abuse dating back several decades, made by several women. Cosby, who has refused to personally address the claims, was expected to go ahead with a show later Friday in Florida, but his next show after that, in Vegas next Friday, has been called off. "By mutual agreement, Mr. Cosby's show... at Treasure Island is cancelled," Michelle Knoll, a spokeswoman for the casino, told AFP. On Wednesday, the US network NBC pulled the plug on a new Cosby sitcom, a day after streaming video service Netflix cancelled a planned special, piling pressure on the veteran comic. On Thursday, a video emerged of Cosby declining to comment in a TV interview with the Associated Press, and trying to insist that it not air his 'no comment'. Cosby lawyer John Schmitt told entertainment news website The Wrap at the weekend: "Over the last several weeks, decade-old, discredited allegations against Mr Cosby have resurfaced." The storm engulfing Cosby erupted last month when comedian Hannibal Buress branded him a "Rapist" during a stand-up show in Philadelphia - a clip that went viral. A number of women have since come forward with accusations that Cosby sexually assaulted them.

Posts Archive